What are some examples of sustainable packaging?

Examples of packaging

Fortunately, more and more brands are becoming environmentally conscious. The concept of “green packaging” or sustainable packaging is on the rise and companies that are committed to local production are beginning to be doubly valued. Those that show awareness when presenting their products are also increasing in value.

Taking into account all these factors and the future situations in which we will be immersed, more and more brands are getting down to work. The European Union’s goal is to make all containers recyclable by 2030.

In line with the sports sector and the competition generated by the “sustainability” factor, we find Nike. From NikeLab, or what is the same, its innovation department, the brand develops its sustainable packaging for the Air Max, making it entirely with waste materials.

The inspiration for this box comes from the cameras of the sneakers, going a step further. The basis of its manufacture is recycled cardboard and coffee lids, offering its customers a responsible and sustainable alternative to move one of its flagship products in the U.S. market.

Sustainable packaging in Colombia

The new proposal includes all the measures of the European Directive and provides for the creation of a tax on non-reusable virgin plastic packaging, and another on landfill and incineration. These measures are intended to promote the circular economy and especially the demand for recycled plastic.

See also  What is the healthiest tuna to buy?

For this purpose, a comparative analysis is made of a 33 cl water bottle made of virgin plastic (which emits 43.5 g of CO2), a glass bottle (287.7 g), complex cardboard (61.8 g), an aluminum can (107.6 g) and rPET (9.9 g).

The rPET is a light and resistant material that protects from the cold and is heat resistant. As it is transparent you can see the quality of the product it contains which is important for the consumer to be able to see the quality and condition of the product.

Fashion and sports brands are marketing garments and clothing collections made of rPET because it is also something that consumers value positively when choosing what to buy.

Sustainable packaging examples

Did you know that almost 80% of the plastic waste we humans generate is found in landfills or in our natural environment and that only the remaining 20% is recycled or incinerated? These are really alarming data, especially because a large part of it ends up in the sea and marine animals ingest these microplastics, causing their death in most cases.

See also  Why is sustainability so important?

The time has come to act and that is why many companies in the packaging sector have joined forces to develop new biodegradable or reusable packaging in order to prevent this material from flooding the oceans and ending up in our food chain.

The Israeli company TIPA manufactures these packages with a 100% organic film made using the same machines used in the manufacture of conventional plastic and fossil fuels as an energy resource and materials of vegetable origin.

Likewise, the plastics company Romero, together with the collaboration of AIMPAS, has embarked on the RECUBIO project for the development of a sustainable solution in the creation of biodegradable medium barrier flexible packaging for food products such as bakery products, fresh or frozen products.

1

We also supply paper in different weights. It is suitable, for example, for wrapping and packaging products in stores, cafeterias or markets. Thanks to a grease- and moisture-resistant coating, customers can be sure that the food will retain its original flavor and will not leave any dirt on hands or bags. In addition, paper is used inside the packaging (inlay) to protect your products when shipped.

See also  Is Finland a capitalist country?

Brands targeting conscious consumers are showing the way to move to sustainable paper and packaging. For example, most people already know that conventional paper is one of the causes of deforestation, and that plastic packaging and disposable items are responsible for the plastic tide in the ocean that causes the death of numerous birds and marine species.

Consumers will appreciate seeing our logo on their product packaging. Our paper and our revolutionary packaging material are, in fact, made using agricultural waste. More specifically, waste from developing countries, where it is a major problem requiring environmentally friendly management. In our opinion, this is the most sustainable packaging material currently available to organizations, institutions and companies.