Nowadays, knowing the company and place where cardboard and other types of materials are recycled according to where you live is of vital importance. This is due to the fact that this process leads to multiple advantages that you may not be fully aware of, such as preserving the environment and promoting a healthy ecological culture.
Keep in mind that recycling this type of material will be good for the environmental, social, and economic environment of an entire community, thus improving the use of natural resources available for the production of products. Therefore, if you reside in the USA specifically in Billings, MT, below, in this post, you will know where to recycle cardboard, as well as the process involved.
What is the environmental, social and economic impact of cardboard recycling in Billings, MT?
Before knowing where you can drop off cardboard for recycling in Billings, MT, it is important to mention that this process carries a great favorable impact on the environment. That is, through cardboard recycling you achieve:
- Considerable decrease of garbage in each community.
- Recovery of investments by factories that use cardboard boxes as packaging for their products.
- Generation of extra income for independent workers.
- Considerable decrease in the felling of trees, among other aspects.
Therefore, if you would like to leave some kind of environmental legacy to our children, you should first consider where and how you dispose of your garbage. Remember that your offspring also have the right to enjoy a clean environment, with abundant flora and fauna and clean rivers. In addition, processing cardboard waste significantly reduces the consumption of services and goods and can prevent the mass production of other non-environmentally friendly products.
Top Cardboard Recyclers in Billings, MT
If you are currently residing in Billings, Montana and don’t know which are the top companies that deal with cardboard recycling, don’t worry, because below you will learn about the most prominent ones. Then:
- Pacific Recycling. Current address: 777 4th Avenue North, Billings, MT 59101. USA.
- Earth First AID Curbside Recycling. Address: 458 Charles Street, Billings, Montana 59101, USA.
- Yellowstone E-Waste Solutions. Current address: 419 N 15th St, Billings, MT 59101, USA.
- Republic Services. Current address: 458 Charles St, Billings, MT 59101, USA.
- GTS – Green Technology Solutions. Current address: 350 S Billings Blvd, Suite #2A, Billings, MT 59101, USA.
- Walmart Supercenter. Current address: 2525 King Ave W Billings, MT 59102, USA.
What are the types of cardboard most in demand by businesses for recycling in Billings, MT?
It is important to remember that the fiber contained in cardboard is fully recoverable through the recycling process. However, it must be totally clean, without any type of contaminants such as plastic, grease, hydrocarbon derivatives, among others.
The main types of cardboard collected by recycling companies are as follows:
- Post-consumer cardboard. That is, cardboard from warehouses, department stores, and markets.
- Mixed cardboard, such as cardboard from printing presses, cardboard cutouts, and office folders.
- Materials from box companies (light cardboard). These materials are often referred to as Clipping DKL.
Now, you may be wondering what kind of products can be obtained from cardboard recycling in Billings, MT? The answer is simple, as you get raw materials (converted into rolls) that allow you to develop cardboard products. They are generally classified as:
- Liner paper and Medium: These are used to make boxes of various sizes and shapes.
- Pad: These are rolls of flexible cardboard used to cover a wide variety of fruits and vegetables for export.
- Liner: They are usually used for the production of laminated cardboard products.
- Kraft: They are used to manufacture cardboard bags for bakeries or pharmacies.
General Cardboard Recycling Processes in Billings, MT
The cardboard recycling processes used by the various companies in Billings, MT are frequently very similar. However, the subtle difference lies in the amount of fiber recoverable in that process.
In this regard, below, you will learn the general steps employed by most companies to recycle cardboard in Billings, MT:
- Gathered enough waste in cardboard containers, they are inspected and separated by various criteria. Some may be contaminated and should be excluded from the recycling process.
- With the cardboard suitable for recycling, the grinding process begins. Here the raw material must be bound with water and then converted into pulp.
- Now the process of cleaning of impurities through purification begins. The pulp is usually converted into a thicker paste. For this purpose, the process of pressing and centrifuging is frequently used.
- At this point, the process of making recycled paperboard should begin. This is where most of the specific characteristics of the recycled paperboard will be attributed.
- The next step is to remove any moisture that may be present in the raw material. Vacuum, gravity, or negative pressure systems will be used for this purpose.
- The next step is mechanical treatment. At this stage, the recycled cardboard will be given different levels of brightness and smoothness by passing through steel rollers.
- Finally, the different cardboard rolls that will be the basis for the construction of new products are made. These rolls can have different thicknesses depending on the product to be developed.
Benefits of cardboard recycling
Below, you will be able to learn clearly and precisely about the various environmental advantages of recycling cardboard. They include…
- Simply recycling cardboard means up to sixty percent less carbon dioxide emissions for recycling companies.
- It is considered a completely biodegradable and 100 percent recyclable material.
- It significantly reduces cardboard waste generation in communities.
- Companies tend to save large sums of money for the development of new products, since they use recycled materials.
- Products made from recycled cardboard tend to be more resistant and durable over time. In addition, they tend to be more economical.
Don’t wait any longer! If you live in Billings, MT, go to the recycling company that suits you best and join the conservation and preservation of the environment. Every little bit helps to continue having a favorable quality of life. Remember that you can also visit the following blog, where you can find a wide variety of interesting topics.